Top Home Electrical Dangers Every Homeowner Needs to Address
Top Home Electrical Dangers Every Homeowner Needs to Address

Living in the modern world, we are undeniably reliant on electricity. No matter if it’s for work or leisure, electronic appliances and devices have become integral parts of our daily lives – even more so now with all that has happened recently. With an increased need to work remotely from home comes a greater reliance on household electrical systems and the importance of making sure any electrical hazard is kept at bay.

Unfortunately, this silent danger can lead to devastating results ranging from property damage to fatalities; around 1000 deaths are allegedly caused by different types of electrocution each year and 20% of these cases involve children aged between 0-14 years old. It’s therefore important to be aware of what constitutes an electric hazard so you know how best protect yourself against them in your own home.

So here are seven common hazardous situations that may arise in US homes:


Faulty or outdated wiring can be a major hazard, leading to electric shocks and power surges. It’s important that your home electrical system is up to date on safety standards – DIYing it could create arc faults or even cause fires. To keep everyone safe from harm, call in the professionals for an inspection of your wiring. Don’t take any chances; make sure you get regular checkups done so you know everything is running smoothly!


Water and electricity don’t mix. Damp hands or outlets too close to water can create potential danger. Water is an electrical conductor that requires caution when using appliances around it, so here are a few tips for staying safe: in bathrooms, kitchens and other wet areas install outlets away from the water; never use radios, hairdryers or any device near pools, sinks or jacuzzi; remember to dry your hands before grabbing any appliance. Taking these steps will ensure you avoid turning H2O into a hazard.


Lightbulbs are not particularly hazardous on their own, but if you’re not careful they can become dangerous. Electric shocks can be caused by faulty wiring or improper use of lightbulbs. To avoid potential hazards and keep your family safe, here’s what to do: always turn off the power before replacing a bulb; make sure you select the right wattage so it doesn’t overheat; never attempt a replacement with wet hands; store bulbs away from anything flammable like furniture, curtains, plastic materials or upholstery.


Taking a close look at the text, it’s important to be aware of the potential danger of covered electrical cords and wires. Despite being uncommon, fires can still happen due to them. As such, here are some tips for safety: never cover or hide cords and wires; make sure electronics have enough space for ventilation so as not to overheat; keep any items that could catch fire away from these power sources. Ultimately, prevention is key in avoiding disasters like this.


Extension cords shouldn’t be taken lightly – they can be dangerous if you don’t follow safety guidelines. To keep yourself and others safe, it’s important to secure the cord in place so no one trips over it. Additionally, make sure there are plastic covers on any unused outlets or sockets and try not to overload devices with too many items plugged into a single extension cord. Inspect your cords regularly for damage such as fraying or bending; this will help ensure that you’re able to use them safely each time you need them. Taking just these small steps can save lives.


As adults, it is our responsibility to keep curious children safe from electrical hazards. Supervision is an essential part of this process, yet there are other preventive measures we can take for added protection. Electrical outlets should be covered with plastic covers or outfitted with tamper-resistant receptacles that kids cannot access easily; cords must also be kept away and inaccessible at all times.

It’s important to remember that inquisitive minds will always look for ways to explore their surroundings – so as guardians, let’s ensure they stay safe by following the right safety rules!


When faced with an electrical fire, the worst thing you can do is pour water on it. Instead, investing in a fire extinguisher and keeping it within reach will help protect your home from further damage and potential danger. If an unfortunate circumstance arises, use the extinguisher to put out the blaze – don’t rely on any other methods as they could only make matters worse.


Electricity is essential to our modern lives, but it can also be dangerous if we don’t take the right precautions. To help keep your home and family safe, here are some key safety rules to follow: never attempt DIY electrical work – always call a professional; check for potential faults on appliances and wiring regularly; dry off your hands before handling any kind of electric device; stay away from tubs, showers or pool areas when using devices; switch all electronic equipment off prior to cleaning bathrooms, kitchens or laundry rooms.

A Simple Electrical Upgrade Can Upgrade Your Quality of Life

Upgrading your electrical system can completely transform the look and value of any home or business. When you decide to make this upgrade, it is important to choose a certified electrician who has experience in completing projects like these from start to finish with as little disruption as possible.

Our team are highly trained and knowledgeable when it comes to upgrading your electrical panel – so reach out today for an incredible transformation!  Not only will the right upgrades improve aesthetics, but they can also greatly enhance the quality of life within your space. Don’t wait – take charge now by calling us at 505-804-9534 for all of your electrical needs!